KVT:n sisarjärjestö Makedoniassa etsii suomalaista European Voluntary Service -vapaaehtoista 6—8 kuukaudeksi 15. lokakuuta 2014 alkaen. Vapaaehtoinen työskentelee yhteistyössä paikallisten nuoriso-ohjaajien kanssa kulttuuriin ja taiteeseen liittyvässä hankkeessa. EVS-vapaaehtoisena saat taitoja, joista on hyötyä työelämässä ja korvaamatonta kansainvälistä kokemusta.
EVS-vapaaehtoisen tulee olla 18—30 -vuotias. Vapaaehtoiselle kustannetaan matkat vapaaehtoistyökohteeseen (90%), majoitus, vakuutus sekä pieni taskuraha.
Hakemukset (englanninkielinen CV ja motivaatiokirje) on lähetettävä KVT:n toimistoon 7.9. mennessä osoitteeseen Paikka täytetään heti kun sopiva vapaaehtoinen löytyy!
Katso alta vapaaehtoispaikan tarkempi kuvaus.
Place of the project: Kumanovo, Macedonia
Type of project: Long term EVS
Information about the project:
The project ‘Volunship: Exchange of practices in European Citizenship through Volunteering’, aims to motivate young people to become active contributors to community development by encouraging them to take initiative and be active citizens. It will open the space to explore and exchange practices in the field of European Citizenship and support processes of inclusion of youngsters from marginalized communities. The EVS volunteers will work on creating links between young people from marginalized and diverse communities (rural areas, suburbs, ethnically mixed communities), through supporting youth initiatives and providing leisure time activities and information services for youth. Further they will support and monitor local processes in youth policy development. Throughout their service they will develop sense for initiative, communication skills and entrepreneurial attitudes. The project will aim to increase the employability of 8 volunteers by supporting them in developing life-skills (communication, usage of new technologies, intercultural awareness, entrepreneurship and leadership). The project main aim is to explore and exchange practices in the field of European Citizenship, by providing volunteering opportunities for young people.
The EVS volunteers will be working with local youth workers and youth leaders to implement different types of actions and initiatives in the local community in the field of Art and Culture, Youth Information and Youth Policy. The service will mainly focus on bringing youth work activities in areas where it is not common, and working with young people from disadvantaged communities (minority backgrounds, multicultural communities, Roma, rural area etc) and improving their position in the society
Tasks of the volunteer include:
- Organizing workshops for kids in the Youth Center Multi Kulti, games, arts and crafts ( in the period 01.03 – 01.10. 2015)
- Working on marketing and promotion of CID, taking photos and videos, design of leaflets and posters, writing blogs, youth map of Kumanovo …
- Organization of local events with the local volunteer club on different topics: influence of media, no hate speech campaign, ecology …
- Organizing educational workshops and activities in the youth center Proevce ( in the period 01.03 – 01.10. 2015) – Language course in the youth center for beginners
- Working on youth information, posting links, calls, applications and other information for opportunities in Europe for young people from Macedonia
Profile of Participants
The main characteristics of the volunteer would be openness to learn and improve. The project would like to offer possibilities of all interested volunteers that fulfill the Youth in Action criteria regardless of the age, religion, cultural, sexual and other background. Through this project we would like to include young people with fewer opportunities in order to support their learning and develop competencies that will improve their position in the society.
- Be aged between 18 and 30
- Competently able to work in English language
- Be able and committed to act as multipliers in their community after the end of the service
- Be resident in one of the program countries for Youth in Action Program
- Full presence on the EVS Service