KVT:n yhteistyöjärjestö IVS-Irlanti etsii kahta EVS-vapaaehtoista nuorille suunnattuun hankkeeseensa.
Katso alapuolelta hakuohjeet ja paikkojen yksityiskohtaiset kuvaukset. Lähetäthän CV:si ja motivaatiokirjeesi KVT:n toimistolle 27.2. mennessä osoitteeseen
Cimon sivuilta voit lukea lisätietoja Eurooppalainen vapaaehtoispalvelu EVS -ohjelmasta.
Voluntary Service International – 2 EVS volunteers needed for VSI Youth Programme
6 months July 1st – December 31st 2014
VSI is recruiting 2 EVS volunteers (23-30 years) for a period of 6 months July 1st – December 31st 2014 through the Erasmus+ Programme for our Teenage Programme. – (Erasmus+ Youth Key Action 1: Learning Mobility of Individuals; Mobility Project for Young People and Youthworkers).
VSI’s Teenage Programme
The Teenage Youth Programme of VSI organises non-formal education and volunteering projects for young people with fewer opportunities. These young people are aged 16 – 21 years, and are referred individually as they do not have the opportunities to take part in these types of projects without personal or financial support. More details
VSI’s Teenage Programme has recently relocated from the main office of VSI in Dublin, to the village of Cloughjordan, Co Tipperary, in the rural midlands, approximately 150 kilometres from Dublin.
Supporting the organisation of non-formal education and volunteering projects for young people with fewer opportunities. Tasks will include:
· Daily administrative tasks in the Teenage Programme office;
· Communications and promotion of the programme among the local community through info events and social media updates;
· Support logistics for the Teenage Programme activities taking place in Cloughjordan throughout the summer;
· Volunteer along-side a team of facilitators, youth leaders and staff in the coordination of the day-to-day programmes of the summer projects;
· Assist with follow-up and evaluation activities in the Autumn, including reporting and publicity of project outcomes;
· Ongoing communication with young people and volunteers (event updates, etc…);
· Liaising with local community throughout project cycle (organisation of community events, etc….);
· Attend occasional seminars / meetings / training events in Dublin or Limerick;
· Help with the establishment and support of a local volunteer working group in Cloughjordan;
· Support the preparation of young people taking part in European projects outside Ireland.
The tasks will be divided according to the interests, skills and objectives of the individual volunteers but it is expected that volunteers should have the following skills / knowledge
· Training or studies in social work / youthwork / community development, etc…;
· Good command of the English language (fluency rather than accuracy – English language classes can be provided to the successful volunteer);
· Experience working with teenagers / young people with fewer opportunities;
· A passion for social justice / social inclusion and sustainable living;
· Familiarity with non-formal education and the European Youth Programmes (YIA or Erasmus+);
· Aged 23 – 30 years;
· A belief and familiarity with the ethos and values of SCI;
· Flexibility, openness and tolerance towards people from different backgrounds;
· The ability to take initiative and to work within a team;
· A willingness to live in a rural community with limited public transport but a wealth of local activities in the area of community development and sustainable living;
· Ideas and a sense of initiative to develop the programme further and to build the relationship with the local community;
· A flexible approach to working hours (during projects there are longer days and work at weekends but always followed by time off to make this up);
· A willingness to participate in the day-to-day life of a very active community!
The funding for this project will be applied for under the March 17th deadline of the Erasmus+ project.
Please complete the application form at the following link, and send it with your letter of motivation to by February 27th.
For further information visit our website at www.vsi.ie or on Facebook – www.facebook.com/VSITeenageProgramme.